Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Wingnut Star Sees The Light: LIBERALS Rule, Conservatives Stuck At 13

THAT'S THE BEST (BENIGN) EXPLANATION FOR WINGNUTTERY: No matter their age, they're stuck at the peak, post-pubescent adolescence of age 13. Forget mid-life crises or second childhoods; these NUT CASES never got past the raging hormones of being a 13-year-old. At least in their minds. Hence, the Daily Caller's drooling, immature sexism reminiscent of a base frat house mentality. Viewed from this prism, the bizarre GOP primaries and debates are understandable. They were ALL thirteen! Oops; nah-nah-nah (trans: 9-9-9), etc. Let's not forget the ongoing juvie 13-year-old attacks on the Chief Justice. I rest my case.

Jonathan Krohn, CPAC's 13-year-old wunderkind in 2009, now 17 says he's not conservative anymore. “I think it was naive,” Krohn says of his CPAC speech, which went viral. “It’s a 13-year-old kid saying stuff that he had heard for a long time.… I live in Georgia. We’re inundated with conservative talk in Georgia.… The speech was something that a 13-year-old does. You haven’t formed all your opinions. You’re really defeating yourself if you think you have all of your ideas in your head when you were 12 or 13. It’s impossible. You haven’t done enough.” Or, as they say, live and learn. Sounds like a kid with a good head on his shoulders.

It's OK not to say he's a liberal. Liberals are about pragmatism and solutions-based government to advance the common good. FDR-style. We proudly embrace the brand especially since it's been vilified by the Right as an ad hominem. FDR, Truman, JFK, Bobby ... an ad hominem?! Please. Jonathan is solidly liberal where it counts — in his political views:
Gay marriage? In favor. Obamacare? “It’s a good idea.” Who would he vote for (if he could) in November? “Probably Barack Obama.” His favorite TV shows? “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report.” His favorite magazine? The New Yorker. And, perhaps telling of all, Krohn is enrolling this fall at a college not exactly known for its conservatism: New York University.

“One of the first things that changed was that I stopped being a social conservative,” said Krohn. “It just didn’t seem right to me anymore. From there, it branched into other issues, everything from health care to economic issues.… I think I’ve changed a lot, and it’s not because I’ve become a liberal from being a conservative — it’s just that I thought about it more. The issues are so complex, you can’t just go with some ideological mantra for each substantive issue.”

“I think I’ve just matured overall,” ... “Come on, I was thirteen,” he said. “I was thirteen.”
We've all been there, Jonathan, and welcome to the fold. How awesome is this kid? Watch:

No comments: