Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fake 'Progressive' Channel Watch: LUI, LUI ... Oh Now, GOTTA GO

Whenever a scheduled event such as a presser draws me in I'm immediately reminded why I do not watch daytime cable "news" such as it is. My BP took another spike as I happened to tune into the fake progressive channel's coverage of competing House Republican/Democratic pressers on extending the payroll tax cut and saw, to my dismay, that the guest lineup of ONE for the fake progressive channel was none other than the snake oil multi-millionaire puppeteer of House Republicans Grover Norquist who got them to sign his no-new-taxes pledge, with no competing color commentary voices of reason. It's not as if they didn't have enough time to provide some balance, since John Boehner's presser had been announced the day before. Once again, the anchor was ex-CNN GOP stooge Richard Lui who greeted Norquist effusively: "Hey Grover, how ya doin!" Even CNN, whose anchor reverted to the GOP smear of using the adjectival "Democrat" for "Democratic," had a balanced panel.


No comments: