Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My ONE rule for an auto bailout

I support action to keep the industry alive. We need to make SOMETHING here, after all.

But any company that accepts ANY federal money has to do one thing:

TELL ME HOW MUCH THE DAMN CAR COSTS.

No more haggling, no more "talking to the manager," no more "what can I do to put you in this car today," no more undercoating, etc. No more walking out feeling like I've been had. Put a price tag on it. If I want it, I'll buy it.

Otherwise--no soup for you.

3 comments:

Rousing Rabble said...

GM's Saturn nameplate features a "one price" sticker, and the brand has been only marginally successful nationally, although they have done great with first-time buyers and women in opinion surveys.

L said...

I don't recall taking that survey.

drmagoo said...

Saturn is serious about that too - when I bought one a decade or so ago, we tried to negotiate. Nuttin.