Monday, May 21, 2007

The man from Plains

In November 1976, at the ATO house in Greencastle, Indiana, Tom Garrison invited me and my new girlfriend (I wonder what ever happened to her? She was really cute. By the way, selfless shilling, you may wish us a happy 25th next Tuesday) to watch the election returns, where the Georgia governor defeated the incumbent president.

30-plus years later, that Georgia governor said that "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."

Please tell me where he was wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was wrong in stepping back from his own statement.

He should have stood ground and said that yes, while he meant to say he was worse than Nixon his is also the absolute worst in history.

Another missed opportunity.

schmidlap said...

Agreed, not ned.

Seeing this walkback the same week that the Dems have utterly capitulated on war funding really hurts.