Sunday, October 01, 2006

A further note to visitors

Please don't come in here and accuse us of attacking Republicans for things we'd let Democrats slide on, at least unless you can create some evidence (out of whole cloth, I believe). If Barack Obama was in Foley's shoes, I'd be calling for Durbin and Reid's heads on a platter, the same as Hastert and Boehner. If we have to incarcerate 2000 Congresspeople and Senators to get rid of the creeps, then that's what we'd do. I'd rather have 535 honest and rational Republicans (assuming there was such creatures existed) than 535 perverted, creepy, corrupt Democrats.

That the GOP has the monopoly on corruption right now just makes the accusations pretty one-sided.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have 535 honest and rational Republicans (assuming there was such creatures existed) than 535 perverted, creepy, corrupt Democrats.

Don't we all, pal. Don't we all. However, the point here is that honest and rational politicians are just not possible. Never have been. Never will be. It's just the nature of power. Sure, some start out with good intentions. But, we all know what the road to hell is paved with.

I'm just so sick of the whole cycle of corruption and reform. Corruption and reform. Corruption and reform. IT'S FUCKING INSANE!! I mean, what do we expect when we ask that the ones who are corrupt reform themselves!

We keep thinking things will change. But, they never do. It gets worse and worse. And it will continue until we hit bottom. That will not be in our lifetime.

Anonymous said...

So what do you suggest? That we accept the corruption and allow perverts to write our child protection laws, or that we express our outrage and force the ones that are yet to become corrupt to actually take the proper actions?

Hastert is my Rep. He really hasn't done much for my community or his base of voters. This is something he needs to do for the United States. Let's see what he does. I'm expecting more of the same from him... nothing.

drmagoo said...

Anonymous - then why do you care what I, or anyone else says? If they're all corrupt, and the system is on an unalterable path to the bottom, what's the point? Stop wasting your time thinking about politics, and have fun doing other stuff - there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

For me, I intend to keep working to make it better, because I believe it can be better. Sure it's a cyclical process, but so what? Many natural processes are cyclical - why not human ones?

Anonymous said...

"This is the belly of the beast, and I try to be an ulcer inside of it."
~Mickey Z