Monday, October 23, 2006

From your local Sunday School teacher

Many of you know that I do the above, and I occasionally post the weekly lessons to show how un-"Christian" the president truly is. This week, though, I was teaching the lesson from Joshua. Admittedly, this Old Testament book is full of the angry smite-y God, but one just jumped out at me:

Joshua 5:13 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, lifting up his eyes he saw a man in front of him, with his sword uncovered in his hand: and Joshua went up to him and said, Are you for us or against us?

Hmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why certain things bother me, but they do...

That's Joshua 5:13

To which Bush responds unto Joshua:
"As commander of the army of the LORD I have now come!"

Very interesting book to ponder at these times.

Peter said...

Sorry, a typo, forgive me--an extra "1"

Peter said...

corrected

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm a real ass when it comes to silly things like that. :^( I don't mind spelling errors but numbers drive me nuts.