Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Matthew 25:37--40 The King George Version

Then George will answer Him, 'Lord, when did I see you naked, and clothe You with garments made by abused children laboring for pennies a day? When did I see You sick, and personally stop the research that could have cured your affliction? When were you in prison and I applied electrodes to your genitals and beat you into submission on a cold hard floor?' The King will answer and say to him, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' And George will answer 'Oh Jesus."

I also ran a quick check of the Sermon on the Mount. Blessed are

1) the peacemakers
2) those that mourn
3) the meek
4) the poor in spirit
5) the merciful

and so on. I don't see anything about "blessed are the arrogant torturing warmongers."

Faith is a personal matter, and I do not wish to get into "competitive Christianity," but I have never seen a poorer reflection of the teachings of Jesus than from this man who claimed that he was his "favorite philosopher."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bush is the antithesis of Christ; therefore, Bush is the anti-christ.