Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I think he got all of that one...

From The Onion...

Bush Grants Self Permission To Grant More Power To Self

August 2, 2006 | Issue 42•31

WASHINGTON, DC—In a decisive 1–0 decision Monday, President Bush voted to grant the president the constitutional power to grant himself additional powers.

"As president, I strongly believe that my first duty as president is to support and serve the president," Bush said during a televised address from the East Room of the White House shortly after signing his executive order. "I promise the American people that I will not abuse this new power, unless it becomes necessary to grant myself the power to do so at a later time."


Read it all. This one's something special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not even funny because it's true.

God how I hate that bastard and what he has done to the Constitution and our Nation.

Anonymous said...

He needs this protection because his house of cards is falling all around him. Can't wait for the Katherine Harris debacle to reveal more of Bush's sins and stupidity.