Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Baseball Hall of Fame--and Idiot Voters

I love baseball. I love Cub baseball (as does wink wink Doc Magoo--ya think?)

and

I have always wanted to go to Cooperstown.

But--I am angered by some of the idiots who hold the ballots for baseball's Valhalla.

Idiot in point, Mike Downey of the Chicago Tribune.

He wrote this week that

"I never voted for [Bruce] Sutter, who failed to make the Hall until his 13th try. To me, his stats didn't stack up with those who threw thousands more innings."

Hello McFly--he was playing a DIFFERENT POSITION from starters with those "thousands more innings???

He adds that "Sammy Sosa strongly believes he is a legitimate Hall of Famer. He thinks Mark McGwire is one also.Me too. I intend to vote for both unless a day comes when I know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that these guys did what so many accuse them of having done."

Say the words, Mike. STEROIDS. ILLEGAL DRUGS. CHEATING.

Mike, take a glance at these photos. Notice any differences?















That buffoon has no business voting for the Hall of Fame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, man....if you put a current photo of me next to one taken ten years ago, I probably wouldn't make it to the Hall either. I'm probably safe, though...that is until the egg mcmuffin is ruled "illegal."

Peter said...

Ah, but Bradley, your HEAD hasn't gotten bigger. The high school slacks may not fit--but the ballcap would.