Friday, April 21, 2006

Dear Thinky:

I normally don't go to Dear Abby for my material, but this is rich:

DEAR ABBY: My husband, "Ron," and I are at odds over parenting our 7-year-old son, "Brett." My husband is very domestic. He cooks like a world-class chef and does more housework than any man I know of.

I have read Dr. James Dobson's books on family. He clearly states that a father should be the manly role model for the son, to prevent the son from being homosexual. I'm concerned that Brett will learn feminine ways from my husband and turn out to be gay. How can I convince Ron that he needs to teach Brett the more manly things in life?

WORRIED MOM IN FLORIDA

Abby, I've got this one.

Dear Worried Mom:

Here's your problem in three little words: "Dr." James Dobson Stop right now. Burn anything you have written by him and try to forget EVERYTHING that vile freak has ever said.

That is the first step to help YOU avoid becoming a disturbed psychobigot who will certainly mess up your son's life. I just hope I'm not too late.

Hugs,
Thinky

1 comment:

drmagoo said...

My favorite James Dobson story was when I was driving one day, I was button pushing, looking for something interesting (back in the pre-XM days). I came across this guy telling a story, and it was at least interestingly told, so I left it on. It was about how he learned to discipline his dog. With a belt. And kicks. And all sorts of physical violence until the dog learned who was the boss.

Then the converstation turned to being the father and husband. Thankfully, I had arrived at my destination, and missed the rest.

Yup, Dr. James Dobson. The man is a creep.