Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hello, Prop Room?

Hi, is this the prop room? Good. This is the White House. The president is appearing in West Virginia today, and we need a stooge to feed him some cornball nonsense. Do you have a speech monkey handy? You do? Great, send him over.

STOOGE: Mr. President, I have a son that's special forces in Iraq. And I have another son, I have another son that's in the Army. He left college to join the Army. He's out in Hawaii. He's got the good duty right now. But I thank God that you're our Commander-in-Chief. And I wouldn't want my boys --

PRESIDENT: Okay, thanks.

STOOGE: Again, I thank God you're our Commander-in-Chief. You're a man for our times. And I'm supporter of yours. And I think it's good that you come out and tell your story. And I think you need to keep doing more of it, and tell the story and the history of all this. And God bless you. And I thank you for your service.

"And God bless you. And I thank you for your service??" Doesn't it sound like the stooge was reading from the preznit's script?.

No comments: