Thursday, March 23, 2006

All from one speech

I'm the Commander-in-Chief; I'm also the Educator-in-Chief. And I have a duty to explain how and why I make decisions. And that's part of the reason I'm here.

De Tocqueville, who's a French guy, came in 1832, and recognized-and wrote back-wrote a treatise about what it means to go to a country where people associate voluntarily to serve their communities.

That was the Taliban. If you were a young girl growing up under the auspices of the Taliban, you didn't have a chance to succeed. You couldn't go to school. If you dissented in the public square, you'd be in trouble. If you didn't agree with their dark vision, whether it be religion or politics, you were in trouble. In other words, they can't -- they couldn't stand this concept of a free society -- and neither can al Qaeda. See, we're dealing with ideologues. They have an ideology.

By the way, if the President says something he better mean it, for the sake of peace. In other words, you want your President out there making sure that his words are credible.

Another lesson of September the 11th, and an important lesson that really does relate to the topic I want to discuss, which is Iraq, is that when you see a threat now, you got to take it seriously. That's the lesson of September the 11th -- another lesson of September the 11th. When you see a threat emerging, you just can't hope it goes away. If the job of the President is to protect the American people, my job then is to see threats and deal with them before they fully materialize, before they come to hurt us, before they come and strike America again. [editor's note--does he get paid extra for each 9/11 reference?]

Iraq is a part of the global war on terror. In other words, it's a global war.

5 comments:

schmidlap said...

Hey, Rousing Rabble: how do you like him calling himself "Educator-in-Chief" ?

(ducking now)

drmagoo said...

I don't know about RR, but it makes my brain want to explode. There's such things as cognitive dissonance or suspension of disbelief, and then there's that fucking moron suggesting that he has anything anywhere to do with education. I'd rather listen to him tell me about how all of the soldiers in Iraq who've died as a result of IED's were merely recipients of special roadside welcoming gifts that were opened improperly.

schmidlap said...

Doc, I forgot for the moment that you too are shaping young minds...mea culpa.

Rousing Rabble said...

Ok, I just read the tripe that dribbled from Drinky McLiar's mouth, and it makes me wonder - who preps this idiot? Educator-in-Chief? The man hasn't strung together four consecutive cogent thoughts since the 2000 campaign. If he had to step into my junior high school classroom and take over my teaching assignment, he'd be lost almost immediately.

drmagoo said...

No problem, Schmidlap. I'm off this week, anyway, so I haven't destroyed any young minds in days.