Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What's the difference?

Here are two pathological liars. What is the difference:

"I lied about my age and joined the army. I was thirteen at the time. Yeah.. I went to Vietnam, and I was injured catching a mortar shell in my teeth. And they made me a three-star general! And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire.. er, Geographic! Yeah.. I was making twenty thousand a ye.. month! In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year! Yeah, that's the ticket. "



"In Plano, Texas, just north of Dallas, the school told students they couldn't wear red and green because they were Christmas colors. That's flat-out fascism. If I were a student in Plano, I'd be a walking Christmas tree after that order. Have a little thing on my head."



The difference? Tommy Flanagan, the Jon Lovitz character, is funny.

3 comments:

drmagoo said...

I think the Plano schools are just fashion conscious. I mean, red and green clash...

schmidlap said...

Minor quibble: Jon Lovitz was intentionally funny.

O'Lielly is funny as hell if viewed in the right light.

Peter said...

Touche', Schmidlap!