Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Decisions, decisions

Iraqis Must Choose Between Anarchy and Chaos

(From Baghdad wire services) As Saturday's constitutional referendum approaches, Iraqi voters are faced with a clear choice. They can accept the new constitution over Sunni objections and lead the country into chaos and violence, or they can reject the constitution and leave the country in anarchy and violence. A source close to the Iraqi government stated that "It is time to make a choice, and that choice must be chaos. We tried anarchy, and that didn't work out so well. It is time to give chaos a chance."

Also on Saturday's ballot, the electorate will vote to approve the vulture as the new national bird and a new national anthem, Lee Greenwood's stirring "Allah Help Iraq, Death to the USA:"

If tomorrow all the things were gone (hey wait, they already are!)
I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my two surviving children out of twelve and three of my five wives,

I'd curse the stars in heaven
to be living here today,
I once had dreams of freedom
and they took all those away.

It sucks to be in Iraq today
where destruction's all I see
And I won't forget the men who died (dozens of them today)
Thank Allah it wasn't me,

And I gladly stand up next to you
and leave this dump today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I hate this place

Allah help Iraq--AND DEATH TO THE USA!


No comments: