Friday, July 08, 2005

A must-read Schmidlap rant

You will find the link to my friend John's blog, Schmidlap's Kurtoses, over to the right. He has a hilarious and much-deserved skewering of the Chicago Tribune on board this week:

I bought the Sunday Chicago Tribune last weekend, the first time I've purchased that fishwrap since I cancelled my subscription after their endorsement of the functionally retarded/pathological liar/war criminal coke fiend for Preznit. But as shameful as that editorial decision was (and don't worry, I won't belabor it (much) further at this point), that was only the straw that broke my back. I was throwing out pounds of their product every week, some still in the plastic bags they were delivered in, unread.............

One point deserves some attention here, John's rant on bad comics in the paper. The Tribune runs a comic strip called "Prickly City." Bad neocon "humor"--bad, bad, bad. I don't care about your ideology, Scott Stantis. All I care about is whether or not you are funny, and your humor rating is somewhere between boils and the mumps. Makes it tough to be a good "comic," huh?

No comments: